Monday, September 16, 2013

Love and Flowers Lunch

Phew-colors are done!  While it is nice to have an occasional theme for lunch, it puts a lot more pressure on me.  I usually don't have a theme and instead go with what is in the fridge and pantry and just throw something together.  These are the lunches that get sent the most frequently to school because I value my sleep and do not want to get up any earlier than necessary.  Typically I put a lunch and snack together while Belli eats her breakfast.

Some quick tips to make your morning easier: 
  1. Try and pre-plan your lunch the night before. (This is what I do in lieu of counting sheep)
  2. Prep melons ahead of time. I cube some to eat for breakfast, snack, etc and leave a few slices so that I can easily punch out a few shapes in the morning.
  3. Pre-wash and prep veggies. I leave a few whole, slice some and cut some in sticks-it is all about the variety.  To make the carrot hearts I sliced a V in the top of the carrot and then made a V on the bottom, then slice them and voila a little carrot heart!
 Hope that this makes it even easier to make yummy, FUN and healthy lunches!!!
Spinach Salad with Carrot Hearts and Balsamic Dressing, Mini Bagel with Cream Cheese and Salami, Watermelon Flowers, Pistachios, and Sour Gummi Colas.

No comments:

Post a Comment