Friday, August 30, 2013
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Monday, August 26, 2013
1st Grade Coconut Butter Sandwich, Strawberry Hearts, Apple with Star Cutout, put a Peach Star in the middle, Cucumber Hearts and Bell Pepper Stars & some Smarties!
Belli got home and said that the weirdest thing happened to her lunch! She was eating her apple and halfway through it turned into a peach! Guess the color difference was not great enough for her to see the star-made us both laugh!
I wanted to do something extra special for her 1st Day of 1st Grade. I made sure to make the table extra special by making Belli a Back to School Place setting in hopes of helping to wake her up. I served some fresh squeezed Orange Juice and Belli's Puffy Apple Pancake.
|Snow in Texas-January 2007|
Belli's Puffy Apple Pancake
(adapted from William's Sonoma)
A great breakfast treat! I let mommy help out with the loud and hot stuff. I enjoy cutting the apple, stirring, tasting and adding lots of powdered sugar like my Babu likes to do!
· 1 apple
· 4 T granulated sugar
· 1/2 t ground cinnamon
· 1/4 t ground cloves
· 1/4 t nutmeg
· 1/8 t ground ginger
· 3 eggs, at room temperature
· 1 C milk, at room temperature
· 3/4 C all-purpose flour
· 3/4 t vanilla
· 2 T powdered sugar
Before You Start
Have an adult preheat oven to 400° and Grease 9-inch dish with butter.
Prepare the Apple
1. Have an adult peel the apple, then cut into quarters and core.
2. Using a table knife (a plastic on works well) and help from adult, cut apple into small chunks.
Make the Apple Pie Filling
1. With help from an adult, put in a small bowl and stir together 2 T sugar, 1/4 t cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger.
2. Add the apple chunks and stir until all pieces are covered with sugar mixture.
3. Pour chunks into pie pan and spread out evenly with hands.
4. Have adult place in oven for 5 minutes.
Make the Batter
1. Help adult put remaining 2 T sugar, remaining 1/4 t cinnamon, eggs, milk, flour and vanilla in a blender.*Leave the room if the noise bothers you.
2. Have the adult, blend mixture on medium speed until well-blended and frothy, about 1 minute.
Bake the Pancake
1. When apples are done baking, have adult pull out the oven rack and pour the batter evenly over the apples, slide rack back in and close the oven door. Turn on oven light so you can watch pancake puff.
2. Bake pancake until puffed and brown, about 25 minutes. Have adult carefully remove dish from oven and place on cooling rack. Place on serving plates and sprinkle pancake with powdered sugar.
Saturday, August 24, 2013
|For her new 1st grade Teacher-a Crayon initial|
|Gift for Last Year's Teacher-A Cup Full of Hugs and Kisses! Belli adores her!!!|
|Gifts for all Belli's Classmates|
|Bookmark and Pick Me Up Mint for all the Wonderful Support Staff|
Friday, August 23, 2013
Want 15% off of your order? Follow the link below and enter discount code:
Cassie when you are checking out! http://www.oliverslabels.com/cassie
Oliver's Labels are the cute and practical way to identify all your
family's belongings and help keep them out of the "lost-and-never-found"
pile. You can add on to each label Oliver's Found-it™ which is an Oliver's
Labels exclusive, FREE online Lost-and-Found system. Our waterproof
labels and tags are made of high-performance, scuff-proof materials and
are dishwasher, microwave and washer/dryer safe.